I love oats – they’re so versatile, with literally hundreds of possible flavour combinations. In this recipe I’ve used some classic apple pie flavours. It’s also great to change it up by experimenting with some different varieties of apple too.
Oats are also great at keeping us fuller for longer due to the high amount of soluble fibre they contain – perfect to get us going as the mornings get colder.
Using the ‘overnight oats’ method of preparing these you can make several batches ahead, keep in the fridge, and just microwave for a minute or two in the morning for a quick & convenient breakfast. Enjoy!
As always we love to see your versions of our recipes, so don’t forget to tag us on social media – #iamaFoodNinja
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Protein: 26
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 scoops Natural Nutrients Vanilla Whey protein powder
- 200ml Almond milk
- Add the oats, chia seeds, spices and protein powder into a bowl & mix well.
- Add the grated apple and make sure all the ingredients are well combined
- Add the almond milk, and also a little water if necessary
- Divide into two jars or tupperware and store in the fridge overnight to allow the oats to soak up the liquid.
- In the morning you can eat them straight out of the fridge, or heat through in a saucepan over a medium heat, adding water if necessary