The frittata! Surely the Ninja of all egg dishes – super versatile, super tasty, protein packed, super quick to make and you can use up any leftovers you might have in the fridge.
Top Ninja Tip! On a Sunday, when I’m doing the rest of my food prep, I chop a few extra onions, peppers, mushrooms and keep them in a big Tupperware. Then I can use them throughout the week, either for frittatas, or a stir fry, which cuts down on any weekday food prep.
You could also pre-cook the chicken for this & keep in a Tupperware, which would shave another 10 mins off the prep time. Think of all the things you could do with that extra 10 minutes – some stretching and mobility work, extra 10 minutes in the bath, or even better go to bed 10 mins earlier – living the dream!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 15
- 6 large eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 200g chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tsp jerk, Piri Piri or another seasoning, whatever you like
- 6 asparagus spears
- 60g feta cheese
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the coconut oil on a medium heat in a decent non-stick pan.
- Sprinkle your choice of seasoning onto the chicken, making sure it's coated, and add to the pan, cooking for around 7-8 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a jug and beat well, adding salt & pepper.
- Add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus spears and the beaten eggs. I like the asparagus crunchy, but if you don't, add to the pan when you add the onions and peppers.
- Cook for around 5 minutes, until the frittata, is set on the bottom. You should be able to run a spatula around the outside of the pan to loosen the frittata.
- Crumble the feta and sprinkle the parsley on the top, remove from the hob and place until a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the top is set, and the cheese melted. Enjoy!
As always, I love to see your versions of my recipes, so please tag us on social media #iamaFoodNinja.