I love the flavours of Morocco in my cooking, but let’s be honest, cooking a full on tagine every time is a little bit time-consuming!
This salad is perfect – all the flavours for minimum effort (and a shorter prep time – super important when we’re hungry, right)?
The chicken can also be prepped in advance and kept in a Tupperware in the fridge.
The recipe is gluten free, and the macros are suitable for most people eating for performance, or wanting to maintain their current weight.
Give it a try and let us know what you think! As always, we love to see your efforts so don’t forget to tag your photos on social media with #iamaFoodNinja
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Protein: 27
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp oregano
- Zest of half a lemon
- 300g chicken breast
- 300g chickpeas
- 150g spinach
- 10 green olives, halved
- 20g flaked almonds
- 20g dried apricots, diced
- For the dressing:
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, coriander, oregano, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper to make a spice rub for the chicken
- Make some small cuts in the chicken breast and rub the spice mixture all over,really working into the cuts. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, place the chicken on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes on a medium heat, until the chicken is cooked through.To keep the chicken moist, and to keep all those amazing flavours in you could also use a roasting bag
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well until blended
- Rinse the chickpeas in water and add to a bowl, along with the spinach, olives and apricots. Add the dressing and mix well
- Divide into 2 portions, slice the chicken and place on top, and scatter with the flaked almonds